Our Taxation & Revenue team works closely with other areas of practice within McInnes Wilson Lawyers to ensure the effective and seamless integration of tax advice into all our commercial transactions.
We provide advice on the full range of tax issues arising from:
- Income and capital gains tax
- Tax consolidations
- Objections, tax audits, tax litigation and dispute resolution management
- Applications for stamp duty, GST and income tax rulings (product, class and private rulings applications)
- Goods and services tax
- Fringe benefits tax
- Stamp duty
- Employment taxes, including payroll tax and PAYG
McInnes Wilson Lawyers provides advice on taxation and duty issues, including income tax, GST, CGT, PAYG, land tax, payroll tax, transfer (stamp) and other duties. Our experience includes:
- Pay-roll tax implications in multiple states and territories on its labour hire arrangements, and resolving a potential dispute with a labour hire firm who misunderstood the implications in the Northern Territory.
- Part IVC litigation and acting in relation to contentious tax matters including stamp duty appeals (including Growing Wealth Nominees), stamp duty audits, settlement of Part IVA and sales tax audits with the ATO.
- Advising on the GST impact of existing contractual arrangements in a due diligence process.
- Advising on the impact of GST on derivative contracts, future procurements and supplies, including the application of GST for Standard Customer Consumer Contracts under the Electricity Act 1994 (Qld).
- Advising on general tax file number laws, privacy issues, credit business duty, PAYG withholdings for certain classes of clients.
- Advising on property acquisition and disposal structures to minimise state and federal taxes, including for developers and industrial and commercial (listed and unlisted) landholders.
- Advising on superannuation matters, including investment restrictions for superannuation funds, superannuation guarantee charge issues.
- Advising on and preparing income tax, GST and stamp duty ruling requests.