Tim has an outstanding insurance resume, with over 10 years’ experience having worked for and acted for insurance companies in claims.
He started his career in insurance law as a law clerk at Goldrick Farrell Mullan Solicitors in 2003. He has been in private practice since 2010 specialising in insurance claims and insurance disputes.
Prior to entering into private practice, he had eight years of in-house insurance experience. He is well versed in the delivery, needs and philosophies expected by insurers, brokers, claims managers and insureds.
He has acted as a Team Leader and has mentored junior claims staff and solicitors. He also has special interests in sports law, with a focus on tennis as he continues as an A-grade tennis player.
He was recently seconded to a major insurer to assist with claims management, resolution of matters and to develop and educate claims staff. His proactive approach towards the management of claims results in early settlement of matters, which reduces the costs to his clients.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Technology Sydney
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Insurance law, including policy advice and claim assistance, indemnity disputes, dual insurance, claims for contribution, medical negligence, public liability and workplace claims
- Expertise in Personal Services including claims management in: motor vehicle; workplace law, public liability; and medical negligence
- Management of major and catastrophic CTP claims in NSW and QLD
- Member, Law Society of NSW
Tim's recent publicationsView All Articles
19 Dec 2013
In Colin Bower v Allianz Australia Insurance Ltd 2013 (NSWDC), the Court was asked to consider whether an employer is partially liable to a claim for damages arising from a motor vehicle accident due to an unsafe system of work established by the...Read More