Nicholas specialises in long tail insurance claims. He has focused recently on all types of CTP procedural disputes and has a thorough understanding of how to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.
From his time as the Motor Accident Authority’s Principal Policy Officer, Nicholas also has extensive experience within the area of policy development, including advising on various legislative amendments, liaising with stakeholders on those issues and providing submissions to Parliamentary Committees including Law and Justice.
Nicholas's experience and expertise includes:
- Served as an Assessor in the Claims Assessment and Resolutions Service (CARS) between 2004 and 2010;
- Former Registrar of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal;
- Appearing on behalf of insurer’s at CARS Assessments;
- Providing advice on a wide range of issues to insurers; and
- Member of GIO’s Special Claims Unit which was successful in identifying and defending fraudulent claims.
- Diploma of Law, SAB
- Masters in Politics and Public Policy, Macquarie University
- CTP Insurance
- Administrative Law
- Member, AILA
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
Nicholas' recent publicationsView All Articles
20 Jul 2016
Background Facts Genevieve Audrey Amor-Smith (plaintiff) alleged that she sustained fractures to her right ankle and left scapular as a result of a collision between her scooter and Peter Ching's (defendant) vehicle on 25 August 2011. Numerous...Read More
01 Jul 2016
ZURICH v MESTRIC  NSWSC 187 The Case His Honour Justice Adams was considering a decision of CARS Assessor Turnbull to refer a matter back for further medical assessment pursuant to section 62(1)(b) of the Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999....Read More
19 Oct 2015
BlueScope Steel Ltd v Cartwright  NSWCA 25 Background Facts Sydney Cartwright (Plaintiff) worked as a heavy vehicle truck driver for former employer and transport logistics business, Mannway Logistics Pty Ltd represented by the Workers Compensation...Read More