David has over 30 years’ experience as a legal practitioner and has for the past 20 years specialised in general insurance and insurance litigation.
From 1998 to 2012, David managed an in-house legal department within QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited specialising in insurance legal work. He therefore has a particular expertise in managing legal disputes from an insurer’s perspective.
David’s experience and expertise includes advising and defending insurance claims with complex indemnity and liability issues; representing insurers at government resolution tribunals since their inception, including advocacy of claims; defending litigated insurance matters through the courts; providing policy and strategic advice to insurers on scheme changes and claims issues; and designing and delivering training programs for lawyers and insurer case managers on legal changes and processes.
- Bachelor Jurisprudence, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Master of Laws, University of Sydney
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Motor accidents law
- Coverage issues for CTP policies
- Unregistered vehicle permits and conditional registrations
- Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby
- Member, New South Wales Law Society