Darren has over 20 years’ post admission experience in tailoring legal solutions for the building and construction industry. He provides both front and back end legal services to developers, building contractors, engineers,
architects, building certifiers and (building) industry associations. His clientele range from ASX listed companies to mum and dad contracting businesses.
Darren is known and respected throughout the industry for his knowledge of the regulatory environment in which building contractors and building certifiers operate. His peers in the legal services industry know him for his involvement in several of the key security of payment decisions in Queensland.
Darren’s expertise in construction and engineering law covers a wide spectrum ranging from construction and engineering to restrictive trade practices law.
This expertise includes providing advice and document preparation, due diligence, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution services, adjudication services, review of decisions of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission, and litigation in the Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts.
- Master of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy), Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance), Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Advice on licensing, Queensland Home Warranty Scheme, building contracts, and disputes
- Document preparation services
- Adjudication services, including preparation of payment claims, adjudication applications and responses
- Alternative dispute resolution services
- Review of administrative decisions
- Member, Master Builders Queensland
- Member, Queensland Law Society