Carmel has exclusively practised in compensation law for the last 16 years in Queensland and New South Wales. Carmel’s career has provided a depth of experience from a number of perspectives including both plaintiff and defendant in private practice, an insurance company and within the
Carmel’s experience provides her with unique insight to strategically approach claims management to achieve effective outcomes for clients. Her clients benefit from her balanced approach and her ability to provide strategic, effective and realistic advice tailored to their needs.
Carmel has had the opportunity to be involved in a number of significant cases which have shaped the statutory environment in QLD and NSW. Carmel is acknowledged for her technical and legal skill which has seen her responsible for the introduction of the legislation and establishment of the National Injury Insurance Scheme in QLD.
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Queensland University of Technology
- Masters of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Compensation Law in both QLD and NSW jurisdictions
- TPD/Superannuation claims
- Member, Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member Gold Coast District Law Association
- Member, Women in Insurance
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Qld
- Member, Queensland Law Society