Andrea is an Associate at McInnes Wilson Lawyers within the Commercial Team. She has extensive experience in acting for a wide variety of private enterprise clients ranging from small businesses to large national and international operators in the areas of business sales and acquisitions, commercial property transactions and intellectual property matters.
Through this background and experience she developed a strong client focused practice and takes pride in finding the
right solution to meet the needs of her clients.
Since August 2016 Andrea has been a Registered Migration Agent, bringing the same client focused dedication within her commercial work to all aspects of migration practice.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law Queensland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Commercial property transactions
- Franchising transactions (acting for both franchisors and franchisees)
- Intellectual property matters
- Contract review and preparation
- Providing migration Advice for all Australian Permanent residency visas
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Registered Migration Agent MARN 1685456
Andrea's recent publicationsView All Articles
21 Jan 2019
Business owners should all be aware that the maximum penalties for breaching the Australian Consumer Law were significantly increased at the end of 2018 to match the penalties for other breaches of the competition rules in the Competition and Consumer Act...Read More
16 Jan 2019
2018 was a tumultuous year for the franchising sector, particularly in light of the less than ideal press which came out of the Parliamentary Inquiry into the Operation and Effectiveness of the Franchising Code of Conduct (Inquiry). On its heels, 2019 is...Read More
31 Jul 2018
The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) is set to continue cracking down on franchisor misconduct in 2018, following a high volume of complaints made by small businesses last year. In 2017 the ACCC pursued five enforcement actions for...Read More