McInnes Wilson Lawyers is committed to making a difference at every level in the firm. Our sustainability action plan is closely aligned to our core business strategy and is fully endorsed by the firm's principals.
Staff have taken full responsibility for the implementation of the policy on a day-to-day basis, and are committed to making a positive environmental difference.
Some of the initiatives outlined in the action plan include:
- Recycling paper, toner cartridges and other office equipment
- Paperless faxing
- Use of tele- and video conferencing equipment which has reduced the need for travel
- Transitioning to energy efficient equipment and light fittings
- Recycling general waste and limiting the use of plastic and polystyrene in our kitchens
- Carefully managing the amount of food prepared for functions to prevent waste
- Joining the Australian Legal Sector Alliance (AusLSA). This industry-led association works collaboratively to promote sustainable practices across the legal sector.
- Joining the Clean Up Mobile Phones drive which is run during the month of August by Clean Up Australia. This campaign aims to decrease the environmental impact of used mobile phones by recycling used phones and safely disposing of components such as phone batteries that can not be recycled.