Indigenous Law Program
The Indigenous Law Program forms part of the firm's commitment to equal opportunity and diversity in employment and aims to highlight the organisational support available by the firm to Indigenous Australians as well as further compliment the firm’s current Graduate and Clerkship Program.
Participants of the Indigenous Law Program can expect to experience the following:
- Access to a wide variety of legal work
- The opportunity to work directly with clients of the firm to develop skills on real legal challenges
- Direct access to Principals and senior lawyers through the firm’s mentor program
- Access to staff benefits such as the firm’s Health, Wealth, Life and Sustainability program
Additional features and benefits of the program include:
- Reimbursement of a predetermined amount for university fees each semester*;
- Access to internal mentor/tutor to assist with university studies (for clerkship roles) or PLT (for graduate roles);
- Eligibility to attend external company funded events such as training courses, seminars, forums;
- Invitations to attend client networking and marketing events;
- Ceremonial leave;
- Access to additional study leave for law graduates undertaking PLT; and
- Annual business attire allowance.
*Eligibility for reimbursement for university fees is subject to the employee’s tenure and reimbursement terms and conditions that may apply.
To apply for the McInnes Wilson Lawyers Indigenous Law Program please visit the Key Dates and Applications page.