McInnes Wilson Lawyers (MCW) specialises in providing outstanding legal services to private and family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals.
Key features of our offering include:
Our integrated service offering means you only have to maintain one relationship with your trusted MCW lawyer, because we can access the best people across the firm’s expertise to meet your needs.
We seek to develop strong relationships with our clients for the long term.
Invest in understanding
We understand each client’s business, industry and personal aspirations.
Experience of business growth
Our advice is based on a deep understanding of the stages of business growth from start-up through to maturity and diversification. We have a dedicated team with the experience and expertise to provide services to private clients.
Understanding of family business
In addition to commitments of memberships with family Business Australia, we are sensitive to the intricacies of family businesses, and the emotions and varied interests involved, particularly in business succession planning.
Proven experience with Private Clients
Our clients often span extended families, and even cross generations. Our clients tell us we are trusted because of our proven experience which includes:
We advise clients, often in conjunction with other advisers such as the trusted accountant or financial adviser, on taxation issues for private and family owned businesses and high wealth individuals by understanding the law and how to best manage tax risk for transactions and business structures.
We implement family constitutions, family agreements in small and large intergenerational planning arrangements. We bring together family law, personal estate planning, asset protection, taxation and common sense that clients feel comfortable with in what is often a consultative and deliberate strategy.
Our practice boasts one of the foremost superannuation practitioners, represented on committees with The Tax Institute and the SMSF Professionals’ Association of Australia. Our firm advises family groups on accessing superannuation advantages, and using superannuation for tax effective investment and business succession and personal estate planning.
We are trusted in all matters family law matters relating to marriage, divorce, domestic partnerships, children, and property settlements. Our family law offering is often a crucial part of asset protection planning and intergenerational succession planning.
By proactively planning with our clients, we ensure that our clients' structures include consideration of wealth accumulation and succession, but also asset protection.
We advise on strategies that include financing growth via debt and equity, trade sale, employee share plans and management buy-outs.
Our team includes an Australian qualified legal practitioner and registered migration agent with expertise in all areas of immigration including visa applications, Australian Citizenship formalities, appeals against refusals, cancellations and complex migration decision making. Our integrated offering allows us to manage our client’s needs, whether foreign workers are being sought, or relatives or investors are being assisted to obtain visas.
MCW Private Client Services
- Asset protection
- Business succession planning, insurance funded buy sell agreements, family agreements, family constitutions, succession document for companies and trusts
- Charitable trusts, public benevolent institutions, private ancillary funds and public funds
- Corporate and commercial, capital raising, structuring, sale and purchase of businesses
- Entity establishment, corporate, trust and business structures
- Estate litigation including family provision claims
- Estate/succession planning – wills, testamentary trusts and letters of wishes
- Estate and trust administration
- Family law - marriage, divorce, domestic partnerships, children, and property settlements
- Immigration – sophisticated investor visas, premium investor visas, 451 visas etc.
- Partnership agreements
- Powers of attorney, enduring powers of attorney and advance health directives
- Probate and letters of administration
- Property matters including residential and commercial conveyancing
- Superannuation, limited recourse borrowing, strategies and advice
- Shareholder/unitholders agreements
- Taxation and revenue, income tax, duties, payroll tax, GST, planning, transaction advice, litigation, audits and dispute