McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ has a dedicated Property division comprised of lawyers who regularly advise some of the largest institutional clients in Australia and private developers.
Our common delivery areas are for complex residential, commercial and industrial projects.
Our experience includes advising investors, owner-occupiers and developers on private residential acquisitions and sales as well as major residential developments, including existing community title structures and off-the-plan sales for projects at:
- McLachlan & Ann, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- Station 16, South Brisbane, Brisbane
- The Chelsea, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
- Riverside Hamilton, Hamilton, Brisbane
- Madison Heights, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
- Mosaic, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
Our appointment includes advising on the draft contract and disclosure documents, negotiating changes where required, responding to queries on Foreign Investment and Review Board approvals (if applicable) and all matters pertaining to the conveyance of the property once the Contract has been executed (that is, ordering searches, preparing and arranging execution of transfer documents, attending settlement and all necessary post-settlement steps).
We have extensive experience in acting for international investors purchasing property in Australia, including Singaporean and Malaysian purchasers.
Acting for various developers (and other stakeholders) of community title developments under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act (and its predecessors) in residential developments such as:
- London Woolstore, Teneriffe, Brisbane
- Riverpoint, West End, Brisbane.
- Lakelands Signature Living, Gold Coast
- Hook Street Commercial
- Macquarie Links
- Gold Coast Marine Park, Gold Coast
- Paradise Centre
- Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast
- OHM Apartments, New Farm, Brisbane
- Oppidan Apartments, Albion, Brisbane
- Cavanagh Court
- Spinnaker Quays, Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
- Regents Landing
- Bluewater (TNN Cairns).
Our advice included titling, negotiating and finalising documentation such as community management statements and building management statements, sales and document packages, council negotiations and planning approvals and management rights advice.