McInnes Wilson Lawyers provides legal services in relation to all areas of planning, development, environment, infrastructure, compulsory acquisition and compliance issues relating to the natural and built environment.
Our expert planning and environment lawyers are committed to achieving exceptional outcomes and also offer outstanding client service, technical excellence, a commercial approach to matters and experience you can trust and rely on.
Our experienced team can guide you through the ever changing and often complex local, regional, State and Federal laws that apply to all types of planning and environment matters. We can assist you at every stage of all planning and environment matters.
We act for clients at all levels, including State and local government, statutory authorities, utility providers, large and small developers, individuals, submitters, and significant businesses across all facets of planning and environment law. Our planning and environment team can assist you with the following matters, amongst others:
- planning and development appeals and litigation
- planning, environment and related government advice
- advice on the development application process
- compulsory acquisition and compensation disputes
- contaminated land management
- due diligence, major projects and land use approvals
- interpretation and application of legislation and planning instruments
- infrastructure charges, agreements and advice
- environmental regulation and enforcement
- valuation appeals and land court litigation
- heritage protection
- preparation of planning instruments
- investigation and enforcement or defence of environmental and development offences
- negotiations and dispute resolution
Memberships and industry bodies
Our active participation in the policy and advocacy functions of select industry groups ensures that we are at the forefront of law reform. Our lawyers are active members of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA), Queensland Environmental Law Association (QELA), Brisbane Development Association (BDA) and some other industry bodies.