The Construction and Infrastructure team at McInnes Wilson Lawyers are leaders in their field. They know the construction industry and have the expertise to guide you through the most complex projects.
Well before construction works begin, McInnes Wilson Lawyers are by your side. We advise throughout all stages of construction. We can provide advice on how to avoid potential issues and provide strategies to ensure you are prepared in all situations.
We have the strength across key areas of construction law to provide you with legal support from project concept to completion.
We act for a variety of construction industry stakeholders, including developers, building contractors, building industry professionals, trades and consumers.
With a wealth of experience in infrastructure, commercial and domestic construction matters, our team will support and guide you through all stages of your project to deliver peace of mind and confidence.
We can help to guide and simplify construction law and assist in setting up compliance management by empowering you with knowledge and business tools.
What we offer
Building contractors and trades
Construction contract advice, negotiation and strategy planning
Due diligence and tendering advice and assistance
Construction project support, extension of time claims and variations
Security of payment advice and dispute resolution
Licensing and compliance advice and dispute resolution
Education and training
Dispute resolution, adjudication and litigation
Enterprise bargaining agreements and advice
Building industry professionals
Professional liability and compliance
Security of payment
Dispute resolution and litigation
Developers and domestic building projects
- Construction contract advice and negotiation
- Consultancy and trades contracts advice and support
- Construction project guidance and advice from development approval to completion
- Dispute resolution and building defects
- Domestic building statutory insurance
Bodies corporate and consumers
- Procurement of building professionals and contractors
- Building defects and dispute resolution
- Domestic and strata building insurance
- Security of payment claims, responses and adjudication of all levels of complexity.
- Subcontractor’s charges and dispute resolution.
- Project Bank Accounts advice, compliance matters and dispute resolution.
- Licensing and compliance advice and strategy.
- Negotiation, advice and drafting of bespoke contract documents in the construction, mining and infrastructure industries.
- Contract management and strategy during tender, project delivery and at project completion.
- Preventing and resolving construction disputes using all methods of alternative dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, expert determination and adjudication.
- Litigation of complex claims, including disputes arising under construction professional indemnity, contract works, and public liability insurance policies, defective construction. works or design, security of payment, claims arising under the domestic statutory insurance scheme and disciplinary proceedings.
Education and training
Our experienced team are abreast all the latest legislative changes and are here to navigate you through the laws and regulations applicable to your business. We offer tailored in house and external training and education solutions to boost your productivity and innovation.
- Personal approach and strategic planning for every matter
- Assisting in achieving your business goals
- Adopting a ‘big picture’ approach
- Advisory and guidance for long-term growth
- Transparent and flexible service delivery
Simplifying legal jargon, we speak your language
Continuous and consistent service across all areas of law from McInnes Wilson Lawyers, when you need it.