McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ Commercial Property team has extensive Queensland and national expertise in all legal aspects of property development, acquisitions, disposals and leasing as well as an in depth understanding of process, policies, corporate governance and regulatory regimes relevant to businesses specialising in property.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers offers all of its clients the benefit of its technical excellence, strategic approach and commercially focused solutions. This is based on our experience acting for listed and unlisted property groups, responsible entities, fund managers, institutional clients and property developers.
We have expertise in a wide range of areas including:
- The sale and purchase of commercial property, retail, office buildings, shopping centres and hotels
- Acquisition and disposal of industrial property including developed industrial property and greenfield sites
- Leasing for both landlords and tenants of commercial, retail, industrial and hotel premises
- Mixed use developments that include resorts, golf courses, marinas and residential subdivisions
- Titling, titling corrections and local law issues
- Easements (including volume metric easements), licenses, compulsory acquisitions and encroachments
- Conducting due diligence enquiries including review of leases, service contracts, statutory searches and title encumbrances
- Liquor, gaming and business regulatory advice
Our Commercial Property team is supported by and works with lawyers in other practice areas such as Corporate & Commercial Advisory, Construction & Major Projects and Planning & Environment to ensure seamless delivery of commercially focused and technically excellent legal advice to our property clients.
Examples of our proven experience include:
- The sale of several retail shopping centres on behalf of an institutional client having a transactional value in excess of $120 million.
- A transaction involving the disposal of several industrial estates in Queensland and New South Wales as part of an internal restructure, with a transaction value of approximately $250 million.
- The acquisition and development of several development sites, including the preparation and negotiation of the acquisition contracts, development agreements, and major tenant leases.
- Advising one of Queensland’s largest property development companies on two projects of ‘State Significance’ comprising commercial, industrial, residential, marina and leisure precincts. This involves coordination and provision of advice across a number of the firm’s divisions including corporate and commercial advisory, property, planning and environment, industrial relations, construction, infrastructure, commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
- Advising a fund in relation to the proposed acquisition of a $100 million industrial site including extensive due diligence enquiries regarding contamination as well as reviewing the leasing arrangements and construction documentation in relation to warranties.
- Providing advice in relation to the acquisition of properties on behalf of a state government department including advice on compulsory acquisitions under the Acquisition of Land Act and issues related to procurement, conveyancing and settling of properties.
- The leasing (including surrenders of leases, variations to leases, storeroom licences, car parking licences and assignments of leases) of commercial office buildings, retail malls and industrial estates.