Our Family Law team represents individuals in all aspects of family law. We work closely with client’s trusted advisors, in particular accountants, financial planners and tax and commercial lawyers, to provide holistic and pragmatic direction to our clients.
We begin every matter by asking the client what they wish to achieve and not by telling them what they might achieve. By allowing our client’s to define value and by working collaboratively with our clients’ trusted advisors, we are able to tailor solutions to individuals and achieve outcomes that otherwise might not be possible.
By operating as part of a firm that offers world class Commercial, Taxation and Superannuation advice, the Family Law division at McInnes Wilson is uniquely placed to offer the best service for their clients.
We provide legal advice and support in the following Family Law related areas:
- matrimonial property settlements
- Binding Financial Agreements, including Cohabitation Agreements and Pre-nuptial Agreements
- superannuation splitting
- matters involving children, including relocation and change of name matters, and passport applications
- child support
- contested hearings
- collaborative matters
Our team has extensive family law experience including:
- achieving excellent results for clients by promptly building and maintaining a good relationship with former spouses of clients and their solicitors during the separation process.
- drafting and negotiating complex binding financial agreements in conjunction with the client’s accountant and financial planner.
- assisting clients to easily and amicably resolve their matters through Collaborative dispute resolution.
- appearing on behalf of clients in matters involving extensive rural properties.
- appearing on behalf of clients in a range of contested hearings, from small applications to final trial.
Click here for more information about the McInnes Wilson Lawyers Family Law team