McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ Estate Law team delivers specialist legal advice in all aspects of increasingly complex estate and trust law.
The Estate Law team combined has over 45 years experience in estates and trusts. We focus on the specific needs of our clients and provide advice sensitive to their particular objectives.
Our team’s expertise covers specialist areas including:
- Personal and business succession planning
- Personal estate planning
- Deceased estate administration
- Estate dispute resolution and litigation
- Trust disputes and administration
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Advice on superannuation
- Applications to the Guardianship and Administration Tribunal
- Advice on aged care agreements
Specialising in estate and trust law means that our team keeps at the forefront of developments in these areas. We consider this essential as changes to family structures and the introduction of new legislation over time has led to our clients seeking advice from us on increasingly complex matters.
We appreciate that due to the complexity of estate law it is important to work with external advisers such as accountants, financial planners and investment and life insurance advisers. The Estate Law team is also complemented by other specialist practice areas within the firm including the Taxation and Revenue and Corporate and Commercial Advisory teams.
Our clients include individuals, small to medium size businesses, publicly listed companies, trustees of discretionary and superannuation trusts, and trustee companies.
We have recent experience in:
- Preparation of estate plans including advising on wills, powers of attorney and self managed superannuation funds.
- Acting for executors and disappointed beneficiaries in solemn form proceedings in the Supreme Court to either uphold or challenge a will.
- Acting for applicants and executors in family provision applications.
- Acting for trustees in defending applications to have them removed.
- Acting for executors in applications to remove co-executors.
- Applications to the Guardianship and Administration Tribunal.
- Conducting a full trust review, including the preparation of trust accounts, arranging for the review of investments and advising the trustees of their continuing legal obligations.
- Preparation of business succession agreements.
- Establishing trusts and other entities.
- Preparation of shareholder/unitholder/partnership agreements.
- Preparation of share sale and unit sale agreements.
- Providing commercial advice to small to medium businesses.