McInnes Wilson Lawyers has been representing local government for more than 25 years. We have a proven track record of providing quality, cost effective legal advice and delivering outcomes for local governments in all regions, from north to south along the eastern seaboard and west to the most rural and remote areas in Queensland.
Our legal experts are dedicated to achieving exceptional outcomes in all matters involving the public sector. Our continued representation of government at local, state and federal levels ensures we are able to provide legal services that are at the forefront of policy and statutory reform whilst having regard of public duties and the specific requirements of each organisation. We take the time to work with our clients and understand local concerns with a view to sustaining local government policy objectives in the services that we provide.
We have dynamic leaders that have demonstrated experience representing all levels of government in a broad range of legal areas, including for example:
- public and administrative law, including corporate governance, regulatory compliance, codes of conduct, committee and decision making protocols, privacy and information disclosure, government grants and the like;
- dispute resolution and courts, including planning and environment disputes, judicial review and administrative proceedings, commercial litigation, prosecutions and enforcement in all courts and tribunals;
- commercial and contractual advice including property and asset acquisitions, disposals, leases, licences, crown land, procurement, tax, superannuation, structuring and trade practices;
- employment and industrial relations, workplace health and safety, duty of care, insurance and compensation;
- statutory interpretation and drafting, including preparation of local laws;
- native title, cultural heritage, compulsory land acquisitions and landholder agreements;
- infrastructure provision, delivery of local and State significant projects, public private partnerships and alliancing.