At MCW, our dedicated team is committed to meet all of our clients’ legal service needs.
Australia's automotive industry is one of the most open and competitive in the world. In the face of industry challenges such as tightening regulations and increased competition, we aim to provide our automotive dealer clients with cost effective, fast and commercial legal advice and assistance.
Our dedicated team of lawyers works closely with our clients to provide a tailored assistance which meets the operational and corporate compliance needs of our clients. We provide advice across a number of relevant areas and issues including corporate, tax and structuring, intellectual property, competition, contract, commercial and finance law.
Our committed team acts to negotiate on behalf of our clients the best possible purchase or sales terms. We assist clients in financing and negotiations with automotive lenders and manufacturers, with business succession and restructuring issues, negotiating commercial leases, managing and advising on employment issues.
Our relevant experience includes:
- reviewing, advising and negotiating and finalising motor vehicle dealer agreements;
- acting in mergers and acquisitions of automotive component supplier manufacturers and motor vehicle dealers;
- providing tax and structuring advice and working with our clients’ advisors in relation to the carrying on a motor dealer business structures, advising on restructures and business succession and general dealership operational matters;
- reviewing, advising and negotiating and finalising stakeholder agreements, finance agreement and other internal documents;
- Advising clients on Personal Property Securities Act compliance and registration matters; and
- negotiating and acting on the purchase of dealership properties or leasing arrangements connected with dealership properties.