The McInnes Wilson Lawyers Sports, Leisure and Entertainment group has built a reputation advising clients in what is a fluid and rapidly changing industry. From insurance and risk, to intellectual property, real estate acquisition and disposal to regulatory and licensing, our team is able to deliver value for money real world advice.
We have built long term relationships within the industry because of our expertise, ability to provide innovative solutions and reliable service. With our team there is no 'learning curve' meaning quick, commercial advice saving our clients time and money.
Our expertise includes:
- Management Agreements
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Incorporation of sporting and entertainment bodies
- Liability and risk
- Facility contracts and management
- Concession agreements
- Site acquisition and disposal
- Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Licensing and regulation
- Player contracts
- Disciplinary hearing
Our clients include sporting governing bodies, sports people, event organisers and sports and entertainment managers.
- Establishment of a Record Label including preparation of all documentation including artist agreements and management agreements;
- Acting on behalf of sports people in the negotiation and preparation of management contracts, player contracts and sponsorship agreements;
- Acting for local sporting bodies in the incorporation of their entities or transitioning to new entities; and
- Acting for sporting governing bodies in all manner of corporate and commercial advisory including drafting of facility agreements, player contracts, sponsorship contracts and participation agreements.
- Acting for organisers in respect of injuries to participants sustained on the sporting field or spectators in the grandstand