Well before construction works begin, McInnes Wilson Lawyers are by your side. We advise throughout all stages of construction. We can provide advice on how to avoid potential issues and provide strategies to ensure you are prepared in all situations.
We have the strength across key areas of law to provide you with legal support from project concept to completion:
- Avoiding and resolving construction disputes using all methods of dispute resolution including negotiation, mediation, expert determination, adjudication and litigation.
- All matters arising in connection with the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004, the Subcontractors’ Charges Act 1974, and the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991.
- Negotiations, advices and drafting of complex contract documents in the construction, mining and infrastructure industries.
- Contract management and strategy during project delivery and at project completion.
- Managing claims (above and below deductible) and disputes arising under construction professional indemnity, contract works, and public liability insurance policies.
- Bringing and defending large and complex claims in respect of defective construction works and negligent design.