McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ Insurance Division is Queensland’s leading insurance practice, with over 30 years of specialist insurance experience.
Working With You
We are committed to building long term relationships with our clients and sharing our knowledge with them. We have nine specialist teams comprising of 35 insurance practitioners each with a focus on areas such as construction, health, transport, host employment, retail, entertainment, pubs, clubs and hotels, resorts and sporting venues.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers act for a number of Australia’s largest insurers and prominent self insurers including Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, QBE Insurance Australia Pty Ltd, Lexon Insurance, National Transport Insurance, Queensland Rail Limited (QR), Aurizon Limited, Q-Comp as well as WorkCover Queensland.
Our expert knowledge, flexibility and wealth of experience allows us to efficiently integrate your business goals, whilst processing large volumes of claims cost-effectively. We understand the importance of timely and accurate reserving and containment of legal spend to insurers, claims management firms, brokers and self insureds alike. We utilise the mechanisms of PIPA and Alternative Dispute Resolution to achieve favourable outcomes without undue delay.
Our public liability team has experience in:
- Pre litigation claims management under the Personal Injuries Proceeding Act
- Defence of litigated claims
- Assessment of damages under common law, under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Regulations 2003 (QLD) and the Civil Liability Act
- Management of catastrophic personal injury claims
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Defending fraudulent claims
- Policy drafting and interpretation
- Risk Management advice
- Property Damage
- Subrogated recovery actions
- Dealing with multi party actions and claims involving other legislative schemes
- The impact of contractual indemnities and agreements to insure
In order to build long term relationships and achieve our results for our clients, our public liability teams:
- Prepare regular updates for clients on judicial and legislative developments within the insurance industry.
- Present at industry conferences and client seminars.
- Provide training to staff of our clients.
- Offer in house file reviews.
- Maintain close relationships with relevant experts such as Counsel, Mediators, Forensic Engineers and Medical Practitioners to ensure prompt access to their expertise.
- Update clients via social media.
- Retain involvement at committee level and various industry organisations such as AILA, (Australian Insurance Law Association) and ANZIF, (Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance) and Women in Insurance.
- Conduct in house bulk conferences.
- Maintain detailed statistical analysis of results achieved to assist clients in their reporting.