McInnes Wilson Lawyers prides itself on providing accurate, timely and impartial advice, with no hidden agendas, to businesses suffering financial difficulty.
Our primary focus is on salvaging businesses where possible.
Our Insolvency team has the expertise to assist:
- Statutory authorities, financial institutions, trading companies, and other creditors with respect to the recovery of outstanding monies.
- Company directors, chief financial officers, the clients of accounting practitioners and individuals concerning options available to them in various circumstances that impact on the trading of a business and opposing action taken by creditors or liquidators.
- Administrators, liquidators, receivers and trustees in bankruptcy in respect of issues arising in the course of insolvency administrations.
We have extensive experience in:
- Providing advice and preparing documentation to wind up a large number of subsidiary companies for a large multinational mining house.
- Advising in relation to the wind up of a managed investment scheme with a portfolio in the order of $197 million, and a further MIS with a portfolio in the order of $120 million.
- Consulting to companies experiencing financial stress of survival options.
- Consulting to companies and directors generally, including upon the receipt of Creditor’s Statutory Demands or ATO Director Penalty Notices.
- Advising directors and creditors of their rights when subject to investigation or legal proceedings commenced by insolvency practitioners or the ASIC.
- Advising creditors with respect to the recovery of secured and unsecured debts.
- Consulting to insolvency practitioners concerning their rights, powers and obligations.