We provide our clients with expert assistance in relation to electronic transactions, intellectual property, software development, privacy and technological developments.
We recognise the complexities inherent in the area of electronic law and work closely with our clients to ensure they understand their rights and obligations. Our lawyers keep up to date with industry developments and trends and ensure that our clients too are at the forefront of legal technological changes.
Our clients include large pharmaceutical companies, software developers, financial services providers, property development companies and a variety of businesses large and small in size. We also assist individuals with a variety of electronic issues including social media use, defamation and privacy.
Our Electronic Law team can assist you with:
- Drafting and reviewing online terms and conditions for your business or organisation
- Complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and State privacy and information protection legislation
- Defending online reputation through the uniform defamation legislation
- Providing advice and guidance on trademark applications and copyright issues
- Navigating social media and the risks involved with its usage
- Providing advice and guidance on development of app’s and cloud computing technology
Some of our recent experience includes:
- The management of the privacy, confidentiality and e-transactions and obligations of corporate, medical and individual clientele.
- Providing submissions to the Office of the Information Commission and the Privacy Commissioner concerning amendments to the Privacy Act.
- Management of the disclosure of confidential information under the Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act for commercial clients.
- Advising international clients of the inter-jurisdictional obligations surrounding copyright, intellectual property and privacy issues.
- Providing guidance and advice for launching start-ups such as Kick the Bucket List and others.
- Assisting with individual adverse determinations for social media use.
- Providing advices on trade mark infringement and protection of online and physical intellectual property.