McInnes Wilson Lawyers regularly provides advice to both employers and employees about the nature and effect of the interpretation of registered and unregistered collective agreements, legislation, NAPSAs, federal awards and state and federal industrial orders.
Our lawyers are experts in, and can assist you with:
- Developing and implementing an industrial relations strategy that best suits your business.
- Negotiating and developing workplace agreements, including common law agreements and enterprise agreements.
- Award and agreement interpretation.
- Resolution of the full spectrum of industrial and employment disputes including the conduct of formal dispute resolution proceedings.
- Workplace incident investigation, internal complaint handling and dispute mediation.
- Management of issues arising out of occupational health and safety legislation including incident containment, management and defence of prosecutions.
- Management of people issues arising out of operational change and business restructuring.
- Compliance with anti-discrimination laws and management of complaints, including the conduct of formal proceedings alleging breach of discrimination laws.
- Compliance with laws for the prevention of workplace bullying and sexual harassment and privacy laws.
Examples of our proven experience include:
- Defending and prosecuting work related claims such as:
- Unfair dismissal
- Common law claims
- Contractor and unfair contracts disputes
- Occupational health and safety matters in Queensland, New South Wales and the Commonwealth
- Drafting employment contracts, contractor and consulting agreements, labour hire agreements, agency agreements and non-competition arrangements.
- Developing employment risk audits and management of workplace issues.
- Advice on the interpretation of contract provisions, awards, restraint provisions, misuse of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Negotiating and drafting individual and collective enterprise agreements.
- Advising and representing companies and individuals in Federal and State Anti-discrimination Commissions involving large compensation claims for sexual harassment, age, race and disability discrimination in the charitable, manufacturing and hospitality industries.
- Coordinated large scale redundancies.
- Represented and advised senior executives concerning discrimination and disciplinary issues.
- Acting for a large regional council concerning an incapacitated employee, including advising on strategies for minimising occupational health and safety risk, discrimination risk and alternative strategies to termination of employment.
- Developing workplace policies and procedures for several regional councils.
- Negotiating and drafting service agreements and contractor agreements for a greenfields electricity provider.
- Assisting and representing an employee defending disciplinary action taken against them while making a complaint of workplace bullying.