McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ Government team provides a range of legal services to a broad section of local governments
This includes rural and regional Queensland and to various state government departments, authorities and government owned corporations.
Our Government team provides advice across a broad range of legal services including:
- Corporate advisory
- Planning and environment advice
- Property acquisitions, disposals, leases, licences and crown land
- Native title and cultural heritage
- Infrastructure development and project delivery
- Employment and industrial relations
- Trade practices
- Corporate governance
Our Government team has experience in:
- Providing property law advice, contract advice and contract drafting, GST and CGT advice for government sales and acquisitions, commercial leasing and commercial and residential conveyancing for government departments.
- Advising a Queensland government owned corporation regarding the delivery of a $750 million infrastructure roll out across the state under several alliance agreements.
- Advising a Queensland government entity in relation to water infrastructure procurement and agreements including the drafting and negotiating of the agreements.
- The development and review of privacy legislative regimes at both federal and state level, assisting the Australian Lawyers Alliance with their submissions to the Australian Law Reform Commission concerning potential amendments to the Privacy Act and the current Australian Privacy Regime as well as advising corporate entities concerning potential future developments and best-practice responses to the proposed amendments to the Privacy Act.
- Advising the State Government and a regional council regarding a ‘State Significant’ coal seam gas water infrastructure project and documenting all agreements.
- Provision of advice on possible structures for effectively managing government grants, including GST advice regarding GST implications of Commonwealth and State Government grants.
- Advising a government owned corporation regarding workplace health and safety issues in relation to vegetation contracts to ensure compliance with the corporation’s internal safety policy and the Workplace Health & Safety Act 1995.