McInnes Wilson Lawyers’ Corporate & Commercial Advisory team advises clients on all matters relating to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
This includes corporate structuring, M&A, compulsory acquisitions and ASX Listing Rules advice and compliance.
Our clients include public companies, listed companies, private companies (large and small), foreign clients investing into Australia and high net worth individuals. Our clients' needs often demand specialist knowledge. To service our clients, our advice and transactional experience covers specialist areas such as:
- Primary production
- Financial services
- Business services
We harness the firm’s resources in related areas of practice to provide clients with integrated advice that helps bring business objectives to fruition through practical, timely and, importantly, cost-effective measures.
Our recent experience includes:
- Advising on a contentious superannuation guarantee entitlement dispute.
- Advice regarding reporting obligations under the Corporations Act for suspected contraventions of the Act for an audit client, identifying breaches, considering the responsibility and roles of auditors in identifying and reporting breaches under section 311 and determining the extent to which enquiry needs to be made by an auditor of certain matters.
- Advising on all aspects of operations, including tenure, native title, corporate regulation, government liaisons, permits, licences and ancillary matters.
- Acting, advising and representing clients that have received notices issued by ASIC pursuant to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth), including on behalf of holders of Australian Financial Service Licences.
- Assisting a Queensland government owned corporation to develop an ownership structure for the development of a power station, in particular planning for the divestment of an indirect interest in the asset to a foreign investor.
- Assisting clients in relation to payroll tax de-grouping applications with the Queensland Office of State Revenue.
- Advising on property acquisition and disposal structures to minimise state and federal taxes, including for developers and industrial and commercial (listed and unlisted) landholders.
- Advising on a Queensland coal powered station development and sale to foreign investors, focusing on Queensland duty planning arrangements to minimise duty for the incoming purchaser.
- Advising a local government regarding GST consequences on a variety of issues, including preparing submissions to the ATO and Treasury regarding the application of the GST law to specific situations and the interpretation of the GST law.