McInnes Wilson Lawyers recognises that Investigations & Prosecutions is a complex and highly specialised area which requires expertise and focus to meet and exceed client expectations.
Our level of expertise allows clients to quickly understand any Investigations & Prosecutions issues they may have, and achieve a timely and structured solution based on our advice.
Our Investigations & Prosecutions team has been actively involved in some of the most high profile cases in Queensland. We have a proven track record of conducting reviews and appeals, judicial review litigation and advising numerous statutory boards, authorities and decision makers on all facets of investigations & prosecutions.
Our team are also highly experienced in acting for clients in respect of all forms of misconduct or compulsory statutory hearings and inquiries including Crime and Misconduct Commission (CMC); ASIC; coronial inquests and professional, vocational or trade related disciplinary hearings.
Our clients operate in many government and industry sectors, including:
- Government Departments, Statutory boards and authorities
- Department of Defence
- Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Medical Board of Australia
- Psychologists Board of Australia
- Dental Board of Australia
- Podiatrists Board of Australia
- Pharmacists Board of Australia
- Local government councils
- Clubs and Member based organisations
- Business entities with dealings with local, state or commonwealth governments
Examples of our Investigations & Prosecutions team's experience include:
- Providing timely strategic legal advice to administrative decision makers exercising statutory powers or to entities which may be affected by administrative decisions.
- Proactive legal advice and representation where administrative decisions are under challenge or potential challenge.
- Advice and representation in regulatory and disciplinary proceedings.
- Advice on Commonwealth and State Freedom of Information laws, particularly on proposed and emerging changes to Queensland Freedom of Information (FOI) laws.
- Advice on statutory interpretation, representation in Administrative Appeals, and advice on emerging jurisdictions such as the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Representation in Commissions of Inquiry, Coronial Inquests or other statutory inquiries, strategic decision making and evidence gathering in statutory or regulatory inquiries.
- Strategic advice and representation within the aviation industry upon regulatory and administrative review actions and inquiries.
- Representing appellants in appeals to the Federal Courts from decisions of the Migration Review Tribunal.