How do I become a better workplace accident investigator? | Workplace Accident Seminar
Wednesday 29 MARCH 2017 - 3.00PM - 5.00PM
VENUE: MCINNES WILSON LAWYERS
LEVEL 23, CENTRAL PLAZA ONE
345 QUEEN ST, BRISBANE, QLD
Accidents occur in all workplaces. Workplace accidents can cause injury to your workforce, disrupt your operations and undermine the efficiency and competitiveness of your business.
Modern workplaces that have a dynamic approach to workplace accident investigation create opportunities for faster and effective responses to risk that reduce the adverse impacts a workplace accident can have to your business and its workforce.
This 2 hour session will provide interactive training aimed at making you a better investigator who is able to better contribute to risk reduction and accident prevention.
Who Should Attend?
- Insurance Claim Officers
- Workplace Health and Safety Officers
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Officers
- Managers and Supervisors
WHat will i learn?
Some of the areas to be covered will include:
- What information and documentation is “relevant”?
- What is the “best” evidence?
- What is “bias”?
- What is “hearsay”?
- What if a witness will only provide information “in confidence?”
- Who should I interview?
- Where should I interview?
- When should I interview?
- How should I interview (phone, skype, in person)
- What should be in a statement – issues and relevance? How do I identify the issues to be explored? How do I frame the questions to be asked?
- When should a support person be in attendance? Who is an appropriate support person?
- What documents should be attached to a statement or collated as part of an investigation?
- What assistance might photographs, video, weights or measurements be?
- How can I try to be sure my approach is fair?
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW