McInnes Wilson Lawyers understands that the raising of sufficient capital is essential for some businesses to be effectively commercialised or for a business to grow and expand.
Our complementary team of lawyers act on issues of new equity or the sale of existing equity by corporate issuers, through avenues such as IPOs, private placements and rights issues and retail or institutional offerings of existing issued securities.
Our team focuses on private capital raising, assisting clients in obtaining both seed and venture capital funding through to mezzanine and pre-IPO funding.
We advise on and coordinate:
- Public and private capital-raising and private equity
- Due diligence
- Underwriting agreements
- Managed investment schemes
- Directors’ duties and corporate governance
- Financial services licensing
- The development and structuring of capital raising alternatives, and legal and regulatory implications
- Obtaining clearances required from the Australian Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
In addition to legal expertise, we have a proven track record in the successful coordination and execution of capital raisings, including coordination with experts, financial advisers, legal advisers in other jurisdictions and share registries.
McInnes Wilson Lawyers has provided advice to start-up companies, venture capitalists, listed companies, stockbrokers, scheme promoters, responsible entities, fund managers, trustee companies and custodians.
We have experience in:
- Undertaking unregulated and regulated capital raising for clients using share equity, convertible notes, preparing information memoranda, prospectuses.
- Advising on pooled rental arrangements for resort operators and providing structuring to avoid MIS and AFSL issues under the Corporations Act.
- Advising on boat club ownership structures to avoid MIS and AFSL issues under the Corporations Act.
- Acting on the establishment of managed investment schemes, including from a regulatory, transactional and tax advisory perspective.
- Deregistering managed investment schemes.
- Acting for responsible entity in relation to a significant ASIC investigation.
- Advising and drafting of documentation to assist in capital raising activities through debt and equity mechanisms, such as convertible notes and mezzanine loan documentation.
- Undertaking off market share buy back transactions for private companies.